Monday, June 10, 2013

Last week of school :)

It is amazing to me that this crazy school year is coming to an end.  It was such a whirlwind and so different than what I was used to.   I think it was a nice change and it put things into perspective.  I met some very nice people and probably a couple friends for life, which I think is hard to do as an adult.  I am going back to RE next year and will probably be back in my old sixth grade spot.  I enjoy teaching the math and being able to teach with Debbie.  I can't say that I missed all the extra sixth grade responsibilities or hormones.  I won't miss the drive out to JD or not getting out of school til after 3:00 but I know next year will be a challenge to take care or three and get two to preschool and then be at work at 7:30!  I'm sure we will figure it out.

Kid news- update, no surprise that Annie wanted a baby sister so she has solved her problem by telling me that she has a baby girl in her tummy.  She requests smoothies in the morning because her baby likes them.  I feel the need to remind her that her baby is just pretend because I think she will be disappointed when there will be no baby sister.  Annie is sassy, we have started the 3year old tantrums, my goodness.  It is amazing how the smallest of things are a huge deal to a little one.  She wants to do everything herself and can do quite a bit, but the latest thing is she doesn't want me in the bathroom stall with her in public restrooms.  It is crazy how you teach them to be independent but then you have mixed feelings when they don't need you anymore.  Logan is such a crazy man.  He enjoys running, jumping, tackling and playing any sport.  Lately it has been golf and baseball.  The kids have a little plastic set of both and every day he is swinging a cub or baseball bat.  He has so much energy and I have been falling asleep before him at night.  He is a night owl, always has been - I remember late nights as in infant with that one.  Robert brought up not giving him a nap, but both him and Annie ate such a wreck before naps that I don't think it will help.  Plus, I'm too selfish right now, I need my quiet time in the middle of the day.

Robert and I are hunting for a new house, something with more space as we already feel over crowded here.  When we first bought this house we didn't think we would be in it for very long.  It was a time when people were buying and selling and making money.  That dream quickly disappeared when the market tanked and we have been trying to figure things out since then.  Once we got pregnant we knew we had to get serious about things.  Hopefully, we didn't wait too long and things will work in our favor.  Our ultimate goal is to rent out our current home and be able to purchase another.  Anyone know of anyone needing to rent?

Guess I should get out of bed and start this last week of school and come up with our summer bucket list.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment